Thursday, June 14, 2007

Help! Star Trek Universal Translator Needed Urgently

What's up with Blogger? For some reason, whenever I log in since yesterday it now shows everything on the screen in Chinese. There doesn't seem to be any button to click on to change language, and I can't use the Help function to sort it out because that's in Chinese too. Nor can I see any language indicator in the URLs it's using that I could try changing to "en".

Is it detecting a Hong Kong IP address and using Chinese because of that? If so, someone should tell the idiots at Google (Blogger's parent) that not everyone here is Chinese. Meanwhile, my annoyance level is rising....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In case you haven't found a solution for this yet you can change the language by checking out the drop down menu on the right of your dashboard after you sign in to blogger.

Private Beach said...

Thanks, Anon - it works! I didn't find that for myself, but I did find that Blogger is supposed to detect your default browser language. This works fine on my PC at home, but apparently not for versions of Internet Explorer before 6. My office machine (where I don't control the software installation) is still running IE 5.9 under Windows 2000.

Ebriel said...

thanks for the tip - i've been bumbling about all week since this happened.